Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My personal life plan


My mission statement:
My mission in life is to get the best education that I can get, to obtain a degree and become more spiritually inclined. I’d also want to help my community in every way that I can. My mission is to also play my family role in the best possible way.
My vision statement:
I view myself to be a successful business lady after studying and have obtained my 7A’s in matric. I also view myself running my own orphanage, as a good Muslim, also as a mother, I would also love to give back to all of those who have brought me up.


My short term, long term and medium term goals:
Short term goals:
• Drive properly.
• Completing all my assignments etc.
Medium term goals:
• Learn how to cook.
• Complete grade 11.
• Complete matric.
• Loose a few kg’s of weight.
• Become physically fit.
• Get 7 ‘A’ symbols in matric.
Long term goals:
• Obtain a degree in Marketing and Insurances.
• Buy my own car.
• Start an orphanage.
• Buy my own home.
Other general goals:
• Learn to get along with all my family members.
• Get married, become a parent.
• Tour the world.
How do I see myself in 10years?
I see myself as a successful business lady who has started her own orphanage and is helping many people from all around the world, also I see myself as a wife and a mother who is going to give everything of the best, and the best spiritual upbringing to my child, and I would be spiritually inclined myself.

How am I going to get there?
• By completing my studies.
• By believing that I can achieve whatever I desire.
• By getting married.
• Becoming a mother.
• Keeping away from all immoral activities.
• Being able to pay for my study fees, by getting money from my parents, getting a part time job.
What keeps me away from achieving my goals:
• Procrastination.
• A negative self-esteem.
• Fears.
• Misconceptions.
• Stress.
• Time.
• Laziness.

• Time Management:

• I will complete all important tasks etc. before relaxing, visiting friends etc.

• I will eliminate all waste activities from my daily routine.

• I will plan all my activities.

• I will not procrastinate.

• I will discipline my time and use my time effectively.

• I will try to follow a time table in which I will incl. time for school, religious, fun and social activities.

My letter to Mr Yawar Baig:
Feedback on The Power Of One Presentation
Assalamualaikum brother Yawar.
My name is Ayesha Moosa and I attend the Roshnee Islamic School in Roshnee.
I'd just like to give my feedback on the presentation The Power Of One,
presented by Mr Abullah Sujee on the 22/01/2008.
This presentation has helped me draw up my mission and vision statement in a
more matured manner as it has made me realize how oblivious the youth of
today can actually be. It also opened up my mind, and made me think of
issues on a different level. Before the presentation I didn't even question
certain issues, but after the presentation I have learnt to question things
as an adult would, I've also decided to be optimistic in life and t become
an innovator rather than an imitator.
Jazakallah.

His reply:
Wa alaikum salaam Sr. Ayesha,

"Become an innovator rather than an imitator." Do I have your permission to
use your quote? How well you put it. We need to stand out as Standard
Bearers of Islam. Not blend in as yet another sheep in the flock. Stand out,
not blend in. That is my quote. But your's is better. If my presentation and
thoughts helped you to draw out your mission and vision statement and if you
were the only person in the whole world who was able to do this, even then
the purpose of my writing would be fulfilled. Alhamdulillah I ask Allah to
reward you and to use you for the work of His Deen.

It is true that youth are oblivious of things. That is not surprising. At 16
or 18 you don't expect global awareness. But at 40 and 50? But today it is
those who are more than 40 years old who are the creators of the problems
that face us. After all if we look around us today, there is not a single
problem that was created by the youth of this world. Every single one of
them was created by their cynical, corrupt, self serving elders. I say this
not because I believe that elders should not be respected. But to show you
that age alone is not a guarantee of anything except death. The older you
are the closer to death you are getting (that is why I can't understand how
anyone 'celebrates' a birthday). I am saying this so that we can remind
ourselves that wisdom, good actions, leaving a legacy of goodness are all
choices. They will not automatically happen on their own. I am sure all
those who are at the root of the problems of the world were well meaning
youth at some point in their lives. But today?

And that is what we need to guard against. Never let the world decide what
you are going to do. It is your life. You take the calls. Do what does you
honor. Follow your heart. But first clean the heart of desire and fill it
with the love of Allah. The muttaqi's heart is the best guide. But only the
heart of the muttaqi. Not every heart. So the first requirement of the heart
which has the power to guide is taqwa of Allah. The road to that is the
waking in the night and standing before Allah. And if you do that in your
youth, then remember the promise of RasoolAllah (SAS) that Allah will give
the youth who remember Him in their youth, a place in the shade under His
Throne. May Allah make you among those who will be given this place. So
stand before Allah and ask Him to give you the power to change the world. I
ask Allah to listen to your dua and to make you among those who are destined
to leave behind a legacy of grace that will be a source of ongoing blessing
(Thawaabul jaariyaa) for you for which you will be remembered with honor.

And if you remember do make dua for me.

Yawar Baig

No comments: